Thursday, February 6, 2014

Hurry Up And Wait

So, do you ever get annoyed when you have to wait- like at the grocery store, a red light? I'm sitting at the car dealer for a recall for an intolerable amount of time...two hours! I want to be anywhere but "stuck" here...home doing the chores most days I hate...walking my dogs...preparing for dinner...ANYTHING!

Do you get the feeling I don't sit still well? I definitely do not! Do you?

God asks us to wait on him, his timing and grrr, I get soo inpatient! With God, the source of all the wonderful blessings in my life if you can believe! I know that God's timing is perfect and that even my waiting here-using Toyota's internet and iPad, sitting in their air conditioned showroom, with coffee and snacks available, serves a purpose.

For me, I think that purpose is to slow down! I'm terrible at it and even when my body is slow (most days) my mind races and races, effectively making me ineffective! The very opposite of what God wants in my life. Your's too!

So today, I'm going to try and be grateful for the quiet times of having to wait. Maybe if I listen I will hear. Maybe I'll be effective in fulfilling my purpose...for me that is to help others. I need to be available and operating at a reasonable pace to do so. Additionally, I can be thankful in the quiet times, those I feel stuck in, for the blessings in having zero drama to manage at that moment. I can just sit here and blog...

Can anyone relate??? What can you do with that time when you feel stuck, waiting? Love to hear your replies! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! Please know I read each and every comment and will try in good faith to reply! The purpose of this blog is to offer hope and celebrate gratitude! I reserve the right to remove any comment (or part of) that I consider offensive. Thank you for reading! I look forward to heraing from you soon!